cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Install Now what?

New Install Now what?

GoDaddy.com is my hosting provider.  On the Cpanel that comes with my website I can choose different applications, and that is where I found Magento.  So I Installed it using the Cpanel, which makes the database and the works.  O.k.  So I have it installed.  I go into the Admin area.  Everything I do, takes me back to enter user name and password..  Doesn't matter if I want to change the Theme, or Setup Wizard, or just anything... I am sent back to the Enter User Name and Password... Am I missing something here?  What do I do, after a fresh install.. How do I put in my company name, or even add products?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: New Install Now what?

Login issue you might have to chat to tech support with your host. As for getting started there is a lot information out there. The below guide is not too bad to get you going.

https://digitalstartup.co.uk/magento/lets-build-a-magento-2-store/

GoDaddy is great for domain names, SSL's, etc... but when it comes to hosting, they're Walmart. If you find that you're chasing them to get it working, you might just want to consider a company that has a deeper focus on Magento and Magento hosting support. 

I'm not sure what the cost of your hosting account is with GoDaddy. You may have to pay a bit more, but from my first-hand experience, it will be worth every penny.