cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pause the checkout for a while

SOLVED

Pause the checkout for a while

Hi! We have an e-commerce but we are going to be on holiday for two weeks and we are not going to be able to manage the requests during this period of time. I have read that to disable the checkout would be a solution. Please can anyone help me to know how to pause it on Magento 2.2.4.? Do you have another idea? Thanks in advance!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Pause the checkout for a while

Hi @natalia_iváñe 

1. You can use a promo banner for the site like saying "We will be able to process request after two weeks."

2. Or, you can disable the checkout button from the site and redirect the checkout url back to cart page. So that customers will be able to browse the site and add products into cart. And then show them message on checkout button to notify holidays.

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

Hi @natalia_iváñe 

The best way for me is to keep selling your products, you shouldn't lose any purchases just because you are going two weeks on holidays.

You must alert to your customer that shipping is going after "X" date. Then, they can decided if they buy or not. You can setup a banner through CMS pages, then setup a widget and put it there ever you wand, for example in all pages. This way, customer will be alerte about the shipping time.

Setup.png

Thanks

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @natalia_iváñe 

1. You can use a promo banner for the site like saying "We will be able to process request after two weeks."

2. Or, you can disable the checkout button from the site and redirect the checkout url back to cart page. So that customers will be able to browse the site and add products into cart. And then show them message on checkout button to notify holidays.

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi @natalia_iváñe 

The best way for me is to keep selling your products, you shouldn't lose any purchases just because you are going two weeks on holidays.

You must alert to your customer that shipping is going after "X" date. Then, they can decided if they buy or not. You can setup a banner through CMS pages, then setup a widget and put it there ever you wand, for example in all pages. This way, customer will be alerte about the shipping time.

Setup.png

Thanks

Hi Ravikant!

Many thanks for your help. It will be very useful.

Regards

Hi PacoAbellat,

Thanks for your help. We are adopting a similar solution, we put a banner informing about the holiday time and stop the shipping.

Regards