cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PayPal Advanced : "User Authentication Failed" Error

PayPal Advanced : "User Authentication Failed" Error

Hi,

I tried to configure PayPal Advanced Integration with Magento 2.2.6. But, still I am facing an error: "User Authentication Failed." I already entered all the required fields (Email Associated with PayPal Merchant Account, Partner, Vendor, User, Password) and also verified all the details a couple of times.

Please provide some proper detailed instructions.

Thanks!

Siddhant Jain

4 REPLIES 4

Re: PayPal Advanced : "User Authentication Failed" Error

Stores --> Configuration --> Sales --> Payment Methods

Within the PayPal settings, in the Advanced Settings area, there's an option for Debug Mode. Enabling this will turn on logging for PayPal. This should only be enabled during testing (and turned off after you've solved the issue), but the logs should give you more info.

A log file will then begin to generate while you're using your checkout, just like your Magento system and exception logs.

Keep in mind that there are basic best-practices. For instance, I'd recommend that your site should be using an SSL to load securely (HTTPS), and you should only have the Sandbox option enabled if you're testing with an actual PayPal sandbox account.

Depending on the errors in the logs, and what you're able to deduce yourself (or with help from the forums), you may also want to reach out to PayPal to verify what the logs are telling you, in case it's an issue with your PayPal account. However, it's usually something about the setup in your Magento store.

I have the same problem on 2.3.2 version. I filled all the fields. Partner - "PayPal", User - my manager.paypal user login, vendor - my manager.paypal e-mail, password - manager.paypal password. I tried to change field various ways - User login and password.  I add the log.

[2019-10-09 08:30:45] main.CRITICAL: Exception message: The PayPal gateway rejected the request. User authentication failed
Trace: <pre>#1 Magento\Paypal\Model\Api\Nvp->call() called at [vendor/magento/module-paypal/Model/Api/Nvp.php:831]
#2 Magento\Paypal\Model\Api\Nvp->callSetExpressCheckout() called at [vendor/magento/module-paypal/Model/Express/Checkout.php:573]
#3 Magento\Paypal\Model\Express\Checkout->start() called at [vendor/magento/module-paypal/Controller/Express/GetToken.php:184]
#4 Magento\Paypal\Controller\Express\GetToken->getToken() called at [vendor/magento/module-paypal/Controller/Express/AbstractExpress/Start.php:24]
#5 Magento\Paypal\Controller\Express\AbstractExpress\Start->execute() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Action/Action.php:108]
#6 Magento\Framework\App\Action\Action->dispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:58]
#7 Magento\Paypal\Controller\Payflowexpress\Start\Interceptor->___callParent() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:138]
#8 Magento\Paypal\Controller\Payflowexpress\Start\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:153]
#9 Magento\Paypal\Controller\Payflowexpress\Start\Interceptor->___callPlugins() called at [generated/code/Magento/Paypal/Controller/Payflowexpress/Start/Interceptor.php:26]
#10 Magento\Paypal\Controller\Payflowexpress\Start\Interceptor->dispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php:159]
#11 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->processRequest() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/FrontController.php:99]
#12 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController->dispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:58]
#13 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callParent() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:138]
#14 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/module-store/App/FrontController/Plugin/RequestPreprocessor.php:94]
#15 Magento\Store\App\FrontController\Plugin\RequestPreprocessor->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:135]
#16 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/module-page-cache/Model/App/FrontController/BuiltinPlugin.php:73]
#17 Magento\PageCache\Model\App\FrontController\BuiltinPlugin->aroundDispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:135]
#18 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->Magento\Framework\Interception\{closure}() called at [vendor/magento/framework/Interception/Interceptor.php:153]
#19 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->___callPlugins() called at [generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/FrontController/Interceptor.php:26]
#20 Magento\Framework\App\FrontController\Interceptor->dispatch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Http.php:137]
#21 Magento\Framework\App\Http->launch() called at [generated/code/Magento/Framework/App/Http/Interceptor.php:24]
#22 Magento\Framework\App\Http\Interceptor->launch() called at [vendor/magento/framework/App/Bootstrap.php:261]
#23 Magento\Framework\App\Bootstrap->run() called at [pub/index.php:77]

Do we have answer to this problem,  i am facing same issue.

This is how I fixed this:

1. Login with the main https://manager.paypal.com/ account and updated the user password
  2. Login with the user account at https://manager.paypal.com/ and changed the password
  3. Updated Magento configuration using customer account and updating the password

Not sure why, but once I did that I could complete the checkout.

Hopefully, this will help anyone else.