I have recently installed Braintree as a payment gateway and I am currently testing it. When I ran a test transaction on the website (mosaicslab.com) a generic "server error" occurred when attempting to place the order. When I looked into the server logs for the account I did not see any transaction activity. I am not sure if this is a server issue, shopping cart issue or payment gateway issue. Currently, orders are being dropped.
Another issue I ran into when i integrated the payment gateway onto the website, the styling of the review page of checkout got completely messed up. The way it currently looks, i bet the page drop off is 100%.
Your help is highly appreciated.
Thanks a lot,
So basically you have to figure it out what error is happening
Error Can be following
1. PHP ERROR
2. Apache/Nginx Error.
3. Magento to Payment Gateway communication issue.
4. Error in the payment gateway side.
So you can do following
1. Check Magento log file(Location: var/log/)
2. Check any error is reported in payment getaway side.
3. Check Apache/Nginx log files for further details.
4. Check your request is send successfully to Payment gateway.
5. Check the request parameter send to the payment gateway.