cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with multi store

SOLVED

Problem with multi store

Hi

I have here a problem with the multi store mode in magento 2.2.6.

I have one website with 3 stores and 1 storeview per store.

- default store which should show all products in the catalog

- store1 which should show a subset from the catalog

- store 2 which should show another subset.

my problem: If i switch to a product in a specific store view scope (Catalog->Products->edit product-> store view (store1)) and I disable the Product (uncheck the "use default value" box and set the switch to "no").  It disables the product globaly in all stores.

In my old magento shop (1.9) that was no problem. Is it a bug ? Is there a "secret" switch for the default configuration ?? Or must I create different websites for each store ? ( There is a "product in website" configuration in the product page) 

Any ideas ?

Thanks a lot

George

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Problem with multi store

Hi @georg_trapp

I understand the problem you are facing !

Here i would say - you are correct on the second point that you will required to create a separate website for all 3 stores - or else you can change the root category of all the stores and then assigned a new products to that specific store only !

Enable Product - Attributes scope is - Website - so that means you can only enable disabled product on a website level - for particular storeview if you try to disabled the product it will disabled for all the stores view - because if you have see text just beside Use default value checkbox - its saying website - that means the scope of this attribute is website.

So here just go ahead with the multiple website creation and each website have their own store - it will helps you in this case as well as if you required separate shipping methods/payment methods - then also it will helps you !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @georg_trapp

I understand the problem you are facing !

Here i would say - you are correct on the second point that you will required to create a separate website for all 3 stores - or else you can change the root category of all the stores and then assigned a new products to that specific store only !

Enable Product - Attributes scope is - Website - so that means you can only enable disabled product on a website level - for particular storeview if you try to disabled the product it will disabled for all the stores view - because if you have see text just beside Use default value checkbox - its saying website - that means the scope of this attribute is website.

So here just go ahead with the multiple website creation and each website have their own store - it will helps you in this case as well as if you required separate shipping methods/payment methods - then also it will helps you !

Hope it helps !

Thanks a lot, will do it so ...

Seems that I have misunderstood the installation guide. (Thought you have a distinct catalog and customer database per website ... which I have not.) But you have absolutely right, the disable/enable-button has the website scope.

Thanks again

George

Hi @georg_trapp

Glad to know that it is works for you , Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy