cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Products for display only? Please help! :/

Products for display only? Please help! :/

Hello Magento Community,

I am developing a new Magento website for my employer, we are moving over from Zencart so I am still learning at this point... So I apologise if I am missing something obvious.

We have products that we only sell in our Shop and not online... for example Fresh and Frozen items that we cannot ship. We do however, still want to list these so that customers can find them and read about what we have. We just do not want to sell any online.

I have searched on-line and read that I can set the quantity to 0 on these products and switch off the ability to allow back-orders. This works fine but the website then shows the 'Out of Stock' box. Which is then incorrect because we may actually have it in stock.

I have tried setting the 'Stock Availability' for the product to 'Instock', however, I am finding that the moment it is changed it then gets switched back to 'Out of Stock' by the 'Qty for Item's Status to Become Out of Stock' setting.

I have tried setting the 'Qty for Item's Status to Become Out of Stock' to have an empty box rather than a '0' however it seems to default back to '0'.

Is there anybody who knows around this? Or know of a way that I can have unbuyable products that do not show as 'Out of Stock'?

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy