cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Remove simples from configurable

Remove simples from configurable

In my business, things go off-season and on-season regularly, so we need to switch specific colors between off-season and on-season configurables multiple times a year. We would just adjust the prices and leave the associations as-is, but Google does not like configurables with a range of prices. Previously, this switch was done by hand through the admin, but this is becoming increasingly time-consuming with thousands of products.

Is there a way to fully update the configurable_variations heading in a Magento 2.2 and/or 2.3 import?

For example, say there are two configurables, Current Season Shirt and Off Season Shirt, each with 2 color runs - Black and Orange in Current Season; White and Blue in Off Season. If I wanted to move Black from Current Season to Off Season and then White from Off Season to Current Season, this would have to be done by hand.

I tried collecting all of the information from the Magento export and completely re-doing the configurable_variations column for the configurables in an import. I hoped this would re-write the associations, but it seems Magento just adds new associations rather than remove missing ones. When I tried this in the above example, Black and White colors were in both Current Season and Off Season. They were not removed, only added to new configurables. Is there a way to remove them also, or am I stuck doing this by hand?