cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Setting up Custom Domains for Multisites

Setting up Custom Domains for Multisites

Try as I might, I'm having an issue setting up my custom domains so that each website with Magento 2 is accessible from its relevant domain. I think that the issue is compounded by the website/store architecture we're pursuing to consolidate all our stores into one instance of Magento 2.

For context: we have our M2 Instance installed via Installatron on "magento.parentsite.com" subdomain. I'm trying to get the multiple websites, each with only a single store-view, to be accessible from a "store.webstore1.com", "store.webstore2.com", (and etc.) subdomain.

I have the various subdomain aliases set up, but my many attempts to get them to connect have not been successful. Is there a good resource or tutorial I can follow to get this website relationship with my global install to work? Is there a step I'm missing due to the fact that I'm trying to direct the URLs to subdomains?

As we are currently working to transition to Magento, our domains are being utilized by Netsuite for our eCommerce. So, I'm looking to get my stores and product catalogs in place using subdomains, and then alter the URL directs once we are ready to go-live.