Hey, hope everyone's having a productive start to 2020
We have a stock control system that 'talks to Magento backend and updates stock levels from our warehouse to our M2 stock levels against each SKU.
Our stock control software - Orderwise - will only send to M2 what we've got, so if we have 0 of something then Magento is updated to 0 and the item is then not shown on the frontend.
I want to be able to over-ride that on just a handful of SKUs so that they show as available despite they're stock being 0 (the reason behind this is that these few items are available to us on a next day delivery from our supplier so we don't have to hold physical stock of them, but still want them visible for sale).
Thanks for any advice, I know this is possible but still got a lot of learning with M2.
@noel_vance Am not sure which software you are using. It must be having the capability for you to select which SKU you want to sync and which one is not.
Another quick work around it you can set "Out of stock Threshold" to something like -10 or -20. Even though you inventory management software will push 0 inventory Magento will be able to take order until reach the Threshold configured. You can find the same setting under Advance Inventory section.
Hi, thanks for the reply and sorry for my long time to get back on this thread.
I've tried to set the 'out of stock' threshhold to a minus figure (-5) and it doesn't seem to work.
Each time I go back into the record, the Out Of Stock threshold is set back to 0.
Our stock control can only send full inventory records to M2, I can' select lines for it to deselect unfortunately.
Looks like this is actually a known issue and is being fixed in M2.3.4
Hi, just to update that we are now on 2.4.2-p1 and this persists.
Saving the Out of Stock Threshold (product level) results in the following:
'0' - stays at 0 and customer cannot back order
'-15' - reverts back to 0 every time you save, the '-' is not recognised
'15' - saves this but then shows low stock warnings when inventory is below 15 (this is as expected)
It looks like there is a bug in that the '-15' does not save.
Thanks for all support so far, really want this fixing as back-orders will work nicely for us once it's fixed.
Yep, it seems to be fixed already, but I'm still facing something alike. I think that developers should pay more attention to such things and give us more information of each step. I know a lot of great and responsible dev companies like UppLabs and their software development services and you know, I'm telling about them as an example of reliable dev-team, which can help in developing processes.