cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Switching Attributes on Product Listings

SOLVED

Switching Attributes on Product Listings

Hello!

My website is in the process of being transferred over to Magento 2.x from Magento 1.x. I do the admin for the website such as creating new listings and fixing various issues.

One thing we had an issue with on the old Magento is accidentally creating a product under the wrong attribute  and then being unable to change the category once saved. So, for example, we would create and save a full listing under the attribute "Tires" when we intended to have under the attribute "Seat Covers". This of course causes products to show up under the wrong categories on the front of the website. We would then be forced to make a new listing and copy and paste eveyrthing over to the new one which was seemed unnecessarily tedious.

In this new version of Magento, I'm hoping that a simple thing like changing the attribute of a listing will be as simple as selecting a different one under a drop down rather than creating a whole new listing. All the attributes are our own we've created manually.

So in summary, is switching the attribute from a saved listing possible in  Magento 2.x?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Switching Attributes on Product Listings

Hello @p._s. 

Please check below extension for same

https://www.mageants.com/change-attribute-set-extension-for-magento-2.html

hope it will help you if works then mark as a solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hello @p._s. 

Please check below extension for same

https://www.mageants.com/change-attribute-set-extension-for-magento-2.html

hope it will help you if works then mark as a solution.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!
Sunil Patel
Magento 2 Certified Professional Developer & Frontend Developer

This definitely looks like a possible solution. I suppose if there is an extension that means Magento 2.x doesn't have the feature built in. Too bad, but at least there is something out there.

I also appreciate the ability to demo Magento 2 via the website you shared.

I'm going to mark this as a solution, but if anyone has more feedback I will gladly hear more opinions on the subject.