In the Market place, I have results narrowed down to 85 products for Magento 2.2 CE:
The built-in USPS only displays rate based on weight, not dimensions.
So, for example, if you enable Flat-Rate envelopes and boxes in the USPS config... and you have books... adding 5 books still offers up Flat-Rate envelopes as a shipping option.
First, I'm not going to fit 5 books in an Envelope...second, they would not let me ship 20lbs of books for the same flat-rate price :-) In other words.. the default USPS API is about as smart as a Popsicle (as far as I can tell).
What are people using successfully for comprehensive shipping solutions, specifically for USPS (which is the only carrier we use)?
I need these things):
- Ability to Print Shipping Labels
- Product attribute shipping (such as dimensions).
(we have a variety of products we sell).
- Some versatility would be nice, but not required. For instance free shipping for certain product... and maybe even drop-ship options.
- From a couple posts, this appears to be a close partner with Magento 2.
- When you go there, there is no info about how to install or how much it costs. You are asked to fill out a form that says 'REQUEST ACCESS'. Then you get a message, and wait 2 days for someone to contact you, which they don't:
Thanks for registering your interest in our Magento 2 Early Access Program.
Our team will be in touch shortly to arrange a time for a demonstration."
I am wondering if I am supposed to upgrade to M 2.2.2 and it may just be available as an option??? I saw some info somewhere about that. I am at M 2.2.1.
EDIT: I just found this, which looks like I may have to upgrade to 2.2.2.. though this page does not refer to the community edition and only the commerce edition:
After a trial, it appears subscriptions start at $50/mo. That is probably out of our budget. That extension however appears to have everything we would like to have... Dimensional shipping, multi-origin shipping, and shipping rules by product:
'Offer shipping rates and methods based on product, category, cart quantity, value, weight, dimensions and more'
I'm a bit unclear as to if this would have all the features I have outlined.. but it appears to be only $9/mo, which is probably more our budget. I have sent an email to them with some questions.
Something is weird here... I just took about a half hour writing out a brief review of 3 extensions, and it was deleted??