cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to Access Media Gallery - Getting 404 Error

Unable to Access Media Gallery - Getting 404 Error

I'm encountering an issue when trying to navigate to Media > Media Gallery in the Magento admin panel. It's displaying an error like this

404 error: Page not found.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what might be causing this issue or how I can resolve it? Any help would be highly appreciated.

PS:  before 404 error i got something like this 

The path is not allowed: index.php/admin/media_gallery/media/index/key/21cc6a13bf2736996

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable to Access Media Gallery - Getting 404 Error

Hello @tgsnuwan 

1. Make sure the URL you are using to access the Media Gallery is correct. It should typically be in the format: http://yourdomain.com/admin/media_gallery/index/

2. Clear the cache in Magento to ensure that you're viewing the most up-to-date version of the admin panel. You can do this by navigating to System > Cache Management and selecting "Flush Magento Cache."

3. Try running reindexing command

4. Ensure that the necessary files and directories have the correct permissions. The web server needs appropriate read and write permissions to access and modify files in the Magento installation. You can consult Magento's documentation or contact your hosting provider for specific file permission requirements.

5. If you have recently installed or updated any modules, there might be a conflict causing the issue. Try disabling recently installed or updated modules one by one to identify if any of them is causing the problem.

6. Examine the server logs (e.g., Apache error logs or Magento logs) to see if any specific error messages are being generated when you encounter the 404 error. These logs can provide valuable information about the cause of the issue.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Re: Unable to Access Media Gallery - Getting 404 Error

Thank you for your reply!

I am sorry I am new to Mangeto Smiley Very Happy  Can you explain a little bit more about step 01 ->

(Make sure the URL you are using to access the Media Gallery is correct. It should typically be in the formatSmiley Happy

Did you mean this on Stores -> Configuration  like this

{{unsecure_base_url}}admin/media_gallery/

or do I have to create folders as admin/media_gallery/