cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to get Product Description to shown the front end - Fine in Admin screen

SOLVED

Unable to get Product Description to shown the front end - Fine in Admin screen

Hi,

I'm hoping someone can help as I've ran out of all other ideas(!)

My products have the description configured against them, along with a short description - Whatever I try, I can't get the main description to display on the front end on the product details page. The short description shows fine.

I've tried me custom theme and also Luma theme, but the same issue both.

A few things I've tried already:

- Changing theme back to Luma.

- Re ran index and cleared cache, both through Admin screen and command line.

- Added copy in the store level and default and main site, saved and removed etc.

I just can't get the description tab to show on the front end:

Description Product Details.png

Copy in Admin screen:

Admin Screen Description.png

Running brand new installation of 2.3.2, only added a couple of products until I can solve this issue.

Any help would be appreciated, want to hold off loading more products until I can resolve this.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Unable to get Product Description to shown the front end - Fine in Admin screen

Hi Damien, apologies for the delay in replying - Turns out it was when the 'Blog' is disabled on the theme I have, it also hides the Description tab - I've raised as a bug with the theme developer and in the mean time just enabled the blog but hid from the top nav.

Many thanks.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Unable to get Product Description to shown the front end - Fine in Admin screen

Hi @chris_pp,

Can you share the full product page?

If I understand correctly you're using Luma?

Also, can you share the attribute configuration?

Hi Damien, apologies for the delay in replying - Turns out it was when the 'Blog' is disabled on the theme I have, it also hides the Description tab - I've raised as a bug with the theme developer and in the mean time just enabled the blog but hid from the top nav.

Many thanks.