cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

User Access Permission

User Access Permission

I am developing a Store in Magento 2. I created an Admin Account at the time of installation of Magento 2. Later I tried to create another User (Who can only add product in the store) from Admin Panel and a User Role (Which has only product entry access). In this time I assigned Admin User to that specific role (Product entry).

Then I install a Magento 2 in localhost and replaced all the data of admin_user , authorization_role, authorization_rule table of database to regain access of Admin User. But when I tried to login using that Admin User I am getting a Message You need more permissions to access this. I attached a screenshot below. How can I get previous Admin User with previous Access?

magento2_admin.PNG

3 REPLIES 3

Re: User Access Permission

Hi @foysal,

Since you manually modified the database tables, I suggest you to create a new admin user using the Magento 2 Command Line Tool:

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 5.53.09 PM.png

You should customize the following command to match the information for the new admin user:

bin/magento admin:user:create --admin-user="sample" --admin-password="ABC123xyz" --admin-email="sample@email.com" --admin-firstname="Sample" --admin-lastname="Admin"

After that, you will be able to login using the username and password that you specified in the command above, and the admin user will have all the privileges in the admin panel.

Screen Shot 2016-12-26 at 5.54.22 PM.png

Best regards.
Gabriel

Welcome to the Magento Forums. Remember to introduce yourself and read the Magento Forums Guidelines.

Hello,  I am facing the same issue. After i followed your steps, i get this exception" No Administrators role was found, data fixture needs to be run".  Can you please help?

" No Administrators role was found, data fixture needs to be run"
Same for us! Any ideas on how to fix this? locked out and can't create new admin users... very strange.