cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using M2 and Vertex extension - tax amount is displaying initially in cart before address is known

Using M2 and Vertex extension - tax amount is displaying initially in cart before address is known

When a guest user adds to cart and then displays shopping cart - a sales tax amount is displayed.  The user has provided no address information and has not provided a zip code in the Estimate Tax and Shipping.  

What is causing this initial display of tax.  I have combed through the Magento configuration and cannot find anything relating to this. This is a new platform for us (not yet live) - We have been using Vertex in our old platform for some time and did not change any of our Vertex internal settings.  I feel this is a Magento configuration that I am overlooking.  Need help.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Using M2 and Vertex extension - tax amount is displaying initially in cart before address is kno

Hi @marchell_patti,

Please check and verify once tax rules under Store->Tax->Tax rule.

My be there are any rule for default destination or try one disable one by one tax rule if only few rules there.

I hope it will help you!

Re: Using M2 and Vertex extension - tax amount is displaying initially in cart before address is kno

We do not have tax rules set up in Magento.  As stated we are using Vertex integration.  All tax rules are contained in Vertex.  Tax estimates and final order tax are calculated and supplied by Vertex.

We have two rows of tax zones and rates - I cannot see a way to delete them to determine if these might be causing the initial display in cart.  

With Vertex integration - Other than tax classes - should any other tax detail be setup in Magento?