cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What Attribute Input Type would you select for ISBN?

SOLVED

What Attribute Input Type would you select for ISBN?

The reason for my question is that I bought an off-the-shelf template from Template Monster and it preconfigured with a custom attribute called ISBN. The 'Catalog Input Type for Store Owner' for this has been selected to 'Dropdown'.

Is that how you would do this, especially considering that this is unique for each item and you would have 1000s in the dropdown menu?

I'm very new to this and the learning curve is a tad steep!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: What Attribute Input Type would you select for ISBN?

An ISBN is a unique code, like a SKU or MPN. I would have thought it would have been Text Field. I can't see any reason why it would be a Dropdown. It's not just you. I think Template Monster, if this attribute did originate with their team, made a mistake.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

An ISBN is a unique code, like a SKU or MPN. I would have thought it would have been Text Field. I can't see any reason why it would be a Dropdown. It's not just you. I think Template Monster, if this attribute did originate with their team, made a mistake.

Thank you very much for confirming my thoughts. The did the same with page length!

My pleasure! It's always a unique experience trying to decipher why someone did something backward. I'm glad I was able to help and that this issue is solved!