cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why do all products show in stock?

Why do all products show in stock?

I am on 2.2.6 with a Luma child theme. All products say "In Stock" on the front end visible to the customer. How do I make it show they are in stock only if they are actually in stock?

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Why do all products show in stock?

Hello @TylerWolf

According to my understanding, you want to display products on frontend when they are in stock only. So, i shared a link below you can follow those steps. I hope it can fulfil your requirement.

https://amasty.com/knowledge-base/magento-2-manage-stock.html

If found my answer useful. Click Kudos and Accept it as Solution!  

Magento Developer
Ankita Biswas

Hello @TylerWolf

As far as i understand your requirement you just need to set the inventory quantity from admin panel (Magento Backend), after that magento will handle the inventory quantity.
When all the quantity got sold it will automatically make it out of stock.
Also you can update your inventory quantity anytime.

If found my answer useful. Click Kudos and Accept it as Solution!  

Magento Developer
Deepak S Nair

I have checked all the settings and changed them just to test, it still says In Stock no matter what the settings are or the quantity is.

Hello @TylerWolf

After changing settings from backend. Please run indexing and clear cache.

php bin/magento indexer:reindex
php bin/magento cache:clean

If found my answer useful. Please Click Kudos and Accept it as solution.

Magento Developer
Ankita Biswas

I did

Hello @TylerWolf,

Please check below thing to display or disable the availability of each item as “In Stock” or “Out of Stock”?

• On admin page, Click on Stores, then under the Setting section, choose Configuration.
  • In this page, you find the Inventory section under Catalog. Expand the Stock Options section and you can start to set the custom status of the product. https://www.screencast.com/t/8ejaCqFya
    1-9.png

Before coming to the Out of stock product section, you need to enter this field.

• Set Items’ Status to be in Stock When Order in Canceled: You choose YES when you want to return items to your stock if an order is canceled.
  • Decrease Stock When Order is Placed: if you want to adjust the quantity on hand when the order is placed, you choose Yes

Then we can come to the part that allows you to display or disable the product out of stock in Magento 2.

• You want to display the product out of stock, you set the Display Out of Stock Products section is Yes. In contrast, set No if you want to disable it.

If price alerts are enabled, customers can sign up to be notified when the product is back in stock. I will have another post for this configuration.

About the Out of stock product notification, you have to set the following:

• Display X left Threshold field to allow you to display a message that is “Only x left“. You just have to enter the quantity of product in stock reach the threshold. Your number is all your choice. Take a sample, if you set the number is 5, the message “Only 5 left” appears when the quantity in stock reaches 5. The interesting thing is this notification adjusts to reflect the quantity in the stock until the quantity reaches zero.
  • With the product page, to display the “Out of stock” or “In stock” notification , you set it in Display Products Availability In Stock on Storefront field. Set yes to display the notification “Out of stock” on the product page and set no for “In stock” notification https://www.screencast.com/t/xzcsheogdCe4
    2-8.png

Note: After you done all the steps, you can go to your store in customer view and check the out of stock product status for sure. Sometimes it is not showing up, you can go to Product Detail Section and check the Product Online field, did it turn on or not.

All the thing I just said above is the way I usually use when I want to set the product out of stock status is the display or disable, beside that is some configuration of Out of stock notification in Magento 2. Hope my post can help you to manage the stock management by your own.

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos