cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

add tax during checkout for customer group "A" and show product prices incl. tax for group "B"

SOLVED

add tax during checkout for customer group "A" and show product prices incl. tax for group "B"

I need some help in setting up my tax groups:

regular customers: price display incl. tax

(national) b2b customers: price display excl. tax, tax added during checkout!

I thought this can be achieved by marking the Calculate off Subtotal Only checkbox in the tax settings, but this does not change anything - what does this setting do?

How can I get the right tax display/calculation for the b2b customers?

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: add tax during checkout for customer group "A" and show product prices incl. tax for g

Hi @christian_meyer 

To achieve this you can follow below steps.

1. Set Price Display Settings "Including and Excluding Tax" from admin.

Go to Stores >> Configuration >>Taxes >> Price Display Settings

2. Add a customer group class on body on the base of logged in customer group. To add this class check programatically customer group and add the class on body like customer-GroupName.

3. Then you can set display none, one price via css. Like you want to hide price exclusive for customer group then add css as below.
.customer-GroupName .exclusive-price {display: none;}

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: add tax during checkout for customer group "A" and show product prices incl. tax for g

Hi @christian_meyer 

To achieve this you can follow below steps.

1. Set Price Display Settings "Including and Excluding Tax" from admin.

Go to Stores >> Configuration >>Taxes >> Price Display Settings

2. Add a customer group class on body on the base of logged in customer group. To add this class check programatically customer group and add the class on body like customer-GroupName.

3. Then you can set display none, one price via css. Like you want to hide price exclusive for customer group then add css as below.
.customer-GroupName .exclusive-price {display: none;}

If my answer is helpful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Don't know exactly how to do #2 & #3 - though accepted as solution!