cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

adding a phone number to create account, and adding html style sheet.

SOLVED

adding a phone number to create account, and adding html style sheet.

Hello Everyone,

there is a few things I am trying to accomplish here… I want to add a phone number to the “create my account” from my website, along with that I want to add a style sheet to my html that links to that phone number, (kind of creates a user ID, with phone number), would this be possible?

I am using Magento 2+ via AWS lightsail.

Again thank you for your help.

Thank you.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: adding a phone number to create account, and adding html style sheet.

I think something like this will work https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/139462/26. It's for a custom attribute but a similar thing would be necessary for a pre-existing attribute.

Sorry, I don't understand the other part to your request. What do you mean by adding a stylesheet that links to the phone number? 

Magento customer accounts are managed by email address. If you want to make customer accounts phone number based, that's going to be a larger change though I know it's something that Magento are thinking about for the Asia market. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: adding a phone number to create account, and adding html style sheet.

I think something like this will work https://magento.stackexchange.com/a/139462/26. It's for a custom attribute but a similar thing would be necessary for a pre-existing attribute.

Sorry, I don't understand the other part to your request. What do you mean by adding a stylesheet that links to the phone number? 

Magento customer accounts are managed by email address. If you want to make customer accounts phone number based, that's going to be a larger change though I know it's something that Magento are thinking about for the Asia market. 

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!