cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

digital

SOLVED

digital

Hi
Can I convert Magento to buying and selling digital products only?
in another meaning
Can I use Magento in order for my website to be similar to fiverr.com?
Thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: digital

Hi @siraj_host 

Well Magento supports Virtual products/Downloadable products - so if you are planning something like that then yes it will works.

Looking at the fiverr.com - it is more like selling digital services over the platform so according to my opinion you will require to do customization on the top of Native Magento as their are so many functionality which is not available natively so.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi @siraj_host 

Well Magento supports Virtual products/Downloadable products - so if you are planning something like that then yes it will works.

Looking at the fiverr.com - it is more like selling digital services over the platform so according to my opinion you will require to do customization on the top of Native Magento as their are so many functionality which is not available natively so.

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

To add to what @Manthan Dave shared, there are some existing Magento Extensions that may be helpful in the Magento Marketplace

Traditionally, a Magento website is built to have one store owner, which is how most retail shops operate. 

A site like Fiverr allows different "vendors" to sign up and list their services. Payments are split between Fiverr and these vendors. So, to add this type of functionality to Magento, a multi-vendor Extension may be helpful. You can see available multivendor extensions for the latest version of Magento (version 2.3.x) at: https://marketplace.magento.com/catalogsearch/result/?q=multivendor&ext_platform=Magento%202&ext_com...

Best of luck!