cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to make sure prices of products are NOT showing up in google

how to make sure prices of products are NOT showing up in google

Hi to all,

Our website ( comunity edition magento 2.2.8) is for wholesale customers, the prices are only viable for customers that are excepted and log in.

Now a customer found out when checking a picture in google from our product it also shows the prices of our products. Ofcourse this is a terrible for our customers.

Now I'm trying to solve this issue asap and thought maybe I would need to add in de robots.txt but I really don't know if this would work and what to add, is there anyone who any ideas?

Thank you very much, regards

7 REPLIES 7

Re: how to make sure prices of products are NOT showing up in google

@RockMariskaHey,

First you need to find out how search engines are reading those prices. If you are saying that price is visible only after login then it should not have been listed in search engine at the first place. Are you displaying the whole catalog on the customer without login on to the website and hiding the price somehow? If this is the case make sure you remove the price tag.

Do you have RSS feed enabled which is not behind the login. There can be many more things which you may find out after looking into your Magento setup.

I would say not to put anything in the robots.txt unless you are sure of what you are doing. I would recommend to take help from someone who know SEO/SEM. Misconfigured robots.txt can make more damages.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

It's hard to tell exactly what's happening from your text description. To add to the helpful information and questions provided by @Tarandeep Singh, here are a few more questions:

Can you share a screenshot of how/where pricing is being displayed in the Google search results?

Is it possible that it's part of your structured data / rich snippets?

Are you running any Google Product Listing Ads (PLAs) by connecting your product data through Google Merchant Center?

Best of luck!

Hi @Robert Rand & @Tarandeep Singh ,

Thank you so much for your responses and time:-)

Finally I was able to trace the reason why the prices of our products show up at the google pictures. Indeed it was the structured data & rich snippets through mageplaza seo extension. So actually the extension was working very well! 

(No it is/was not connected through merchant center.)

So far the SEORender.php had been adjusted to exclude prices.

Thank you for your help and wishing you all a nice day

here's a screenshot of the prices visible at the product

mageplaza_screen2.png

@RockMariska 

Glad to know your issue is fixed.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Is it possible for prices to appear in google search results in the USA, but not in other countries? It's a US-based Magento 2.4.2 site. 

Hi Mariska,

Can you explain how did you fix that?

I'm happy to hear the issue is resolved. It's great when problems get fixed quickly.