We want to make our shop in several languages.
When we add a store and a store view
this will be shown at the bottom of the footer
we would have it better in the header with country flag
Is that possible?
if yes how?
To move the store view switcher from footer to header you need to follow below steps.
1) Assuming you have created custom theme and activates it for your webstore.
2) how to create custom theme refer this link - https://webkul.com/blog/show-different-language-flags-instead-of-dropdown-magento/
3) Once the custom theme is active - create directory called "Magento_Theme" in app/design/frontend/Theme_Vendorname/Theme_name directory
4) Now In Magento_Theme directory create a directory called "layout" and in layout directory create a file called "default.xml".
5) So full path should be like this - app/design/frontend/Theme_Vendorname/Theme_name/Magento_Theme/layout/default.xml
6) Put below code in default.xml
<?xml version="1.0"?> <page xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="urn:magento:framework:View/Layout/etc/page_configuration.xsd"> <body> <move element="store_switcher" destination="header-wrapper" after="top.links" /> </body> </page>
7) run php bin/magento cache:clean command
8) run php bin/magento cache:flush command
Now store switcher will show on the header part.
To display the store flags instead of store view name , later on you can use this extension - https://github.com/magekey/module-stores-flags
if issue solved, Click kudos/Accept as solutions.
This would be possible but it would require a developer. I don't think I've seen an Do you have Magento development experience or are in touch with someone that is?
There are some "Store-switching" tools, e.g. https://marketplace.magento.com/mageworx-module-storecurrencymeta.html but it doesn't provide the country dropdown.