3. Try to sort products in the category by position

Expected result

1. Products on homepage should in sort position of category

Actual result

1. Products on homepage are not sorted at all
11 Comments
apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Aug 30, 2016

@flipflap Are you trying to sort product in specific Category that is mentioned in the widget and expect products to be sorted in the widget as well as in the corresponding category page? If so, Magento doesn't support this. Products can not be sorted in the product list widget.

apiuser

Comment from flipflap, posted on GitHub Aug 30, 2016

@tkacheva thanks. Yes I try to do that. But what sort order does the product list widget list have? Is there really no way to sort them?

apiuser

@flipflap Are you referring to sort order option in storefront properties section? It's sort order widgets that are placed in the same container via layout update.

apiuser

Comment from flipflap, posted on GitHub Aug 30, 2016

@tkacheva I don't understand exactly. But I use the list widget to show products of a specific category on the homepage and would like to sort this products there on homepage.

apiuser

@flipflap I see. This is feature request. Could you add it to Magento Forum?

apiuser

Comment from flipflap, posted on GitHub Aug 31, 2016

Ok, thanks!

redstick1

I am having the same issue. But somehow I managed to get it sorted to the same order as my catagory when I first made it. Only the 2 newest items refuse to sort as they are arranged in the catagory.

You have to set the sort order in all of the sub catagories as well.

I had some shoes that I added into a sub catagory under uniforms. In the catagory uniforms, the shoes were set to sort order 40 but they would show up on the main page as the second item in line. Only when I went into the sub catagory shoes and changed their sort order to 40 there as well did everything sort propperly after a reindex.

martinmolero
New Contributor

I've got the same problem.

To change categories and subcategories default sort order didn't solve the issue for me.

I'm runing 2.1.9

YSPATEL

Get this done.

This should be given a Priotity, creates a very unpleasent result when sorting works as intended in Categories, but not on widgets displaying category product list based on category id, in which case the widget is hard coded to sort by product ID in ascending order. This should be using the configuration and dropdown option within the category defined by the user.

Siva_TN
New Contributor

Hi,

Did anyone find the solution to this issue? 

I'm also getting the same issue, the sort by position works for products in the category page but that does not work for catalog product list widget. 

Please comment.