cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inventory ignore when certain products are in cart

0 Kudos

Inventory ignore when certain products are in cart

We sell grills and smokers. When someone places an order they will often add covers and other products. Occasionally we run into an issue where the order go on credit check, one of the items goes out of stock and the order fails to go into Magento. Which means we have to create an order for these lost souls manually. The happens more than I'd like in the holiday season where things go in and out of stock constantly.

Here's the thing. If I am out of covers for your smoker it doesn't really matter at the time of order. Often there is a delay of a couple weeks while we cut, weld and paint your smoker. I may have the covers stock deplete and restore 2-3 times. 

It'd be great if having that grill in your cart caused everything else to ignore their inventory level. 

Yes we know a product can individually have it's inventory ignored, but I want a product to make other products inventory ignored. 

Right now it's just before Thanksgiving. If I order a really big grill with a custom paint job it may not ship until January. My inventory level of anything else in the cart is completely irrelevant.

1 Comment
stockbull76408
Occasional Visitor

Thanks for giving this advice i also impelement in my site bbqvilla.

Regards: Stock Bull

@brokentuskk wrote:

We sell grills and smokers. When someone places an order they will often add covers and other products. Occasionally we run into an issue where the order go on credit check, one of the items goes out of stock and the order fails to go into Magento. Which means we have to create an order for these lost souls manually. The happens more than I'd like in the holiday season where things go in and out of stock constantly.

Here's the thing. If I am out of covers for your smoker it doesn't really matter at the time of order. Often there is a delay of a couple weeks while we cut, weld and paint your smoker. I may have the covers stock deplete and restore 2-3 times. 

It'd be great if having that grill in your cart caused everything else to ignore their inventory level. 

Yes we know a product can individually have it's inventory ignored, but I want a product to make other products inventory ignored. 

Right now it's just before Thanksgiving. If I order a really big grill with a custom paint job it may not ship until January. My inventory level of anything else in the cart is completely irrelevant.

Thanks for giving this advice.