cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 2 makes its stack trace in the error reports uncomfortable to read by chopping the strings

Magento 2 makes its stack trace in the error reports uncomfortable to read by chopping the strings

Feature request from mage2pro, posted on GitHub Nov 26, 2015

It is a long-term issue from Magento 1.x, and still is in Magento 2. Looks an example here: https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/2505#issuecomment-159754199 As you can see, the left half of screen contains the same file path in each line, and the right half chops significant parts of the messages. I propose:

1. Show the full strings in a error report's stack trace
  2. Additional improvement: skip the filesystem path to the Magento root in the stack traces because it is the same for each trace line. It would better to show it once above the stack trace.
(1)
3 Comments
apiuser

Comment from buskamuza, posted on GitHub Nov 30, 2015

I propose to not do # 2 because currently we're moving in the direction of having components anywhere. It still requires some fixes to make everything working from outside of Magento root, but we're moving in this direction. So, I think, it would be better to avoid any additional processing and just show real paths.

apiuser

Comment from MauroNigrele, posted on GitHub Feb 07, 2016

Absolutely Agree

brendanb
Contributor

I agree with point 1. Tis is a real big issue when trying to figire out an issue.