Did you mean: 

Product attributes' labels are not translated on product edit page

Product attributes' labels are not translated on product edit page

Feature request from ffrodoe, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2015

For example try to translate "Meta Keywords" attribute label. screen_000043

5 Comments
apiuser

Comment from mage2pro, posted on GitHub Sep 29, 2015

Same as https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/1909 My fix: https://mage2.pro/t/73

apiuser

Comment from voleye, posted on GitHub Oct 01, 2015

Hi @dfediuk,

It is not exactly an issue because there is no such agreement that says that attributes should be named in English. The fix would not works in case when somebody calls attribute in French, for example.

Thank you for this comment! We will discuss it and get back to you once we agreed on it.

apiuser

Comment from mage2pro, posted on GitHub Oct 01, 2015

There is no big problem with non-standard attributes: an administrator enters them manually and can set them any title he wants. There is the problem with the standard attributes, and their titles are always in English. The problem is there are 43 standard attributes and now they should be translated manually for each new Magento installation: this is a lot of manual work.

apiuser

Comment from voleye, posted on GitHub Oct 01, 2015

@dfediuk

I agree with you, but in general when you see in the code __('Some Phrase') this 'Some Phrase' from translation mechanism of view is nothing else as 'key'.

Attribute label does not meets this pattern because it is not a 'key' (In case of French, for example). But we are going to discuss it and get back to you once we agreed on it.

Thank you!

EricGFI
New Contributor

Hi everybody.

Something new about this point?

I use Magento 2 EE 2.1.7 and I have still the issue: when I create programmatically a product attribute, its label is not translated in the back-office.

Regards