cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replace current editor with CKeditor

0 Kudos

Replace current editor with CKeditor

Feature request from CRYX2, posted on GitHub Jul 15, 2015

Hello everyone, I was trying version 1.0 beta and I noticed that it is still the old editor of Magento 1.

I think that the best solution for ecommerce in 2015 is to be able to use a much more advanced editor and also known by various types of users who normally use a website (Copywriter, customers, etc ...).

CKEditor can use and create many different plugins, which allow all supporters to be able to create new plugin fully integrated into Magento same.

4 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from tkacheva, posted on GitHub Jul 16, 2015

@CRYX2 thank you for your input! We have such plans in our roadmap - MAGETWO-36659

apiuser

Comment from mage2pro, posted on GitHub Nov 06, 2015

Maybe it would be interesting for somebody, I have done another TinyMCE replacement: with Markdown Editor: https://mage2.pro/t/160

apiuser

Comment from MarioSteinitz, posted on GitHub Jun 20, 2016

We created a Magento 2 extension replacing TinyMCE with latest version of CKEditor. It allows conditionally replacing all TinyMCE instances and also adding CKEditor to any BE textarea of choice.

The extension is in alpha version. Doing field tests right now and creating Advanced Content Filter definitions. It's supposed to being released by mid of July this year.