cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to add a simple product as variation of a configurable product without creating virtual...

unable to add a simple product as variation of a configurable product without creating virtual...

Feature request from valibus, posted on GitHub Oct 14, 2016

Edit: i guess this is linked to #5648 . This is still waiting for update after a bug created the 14th July (3 month ago => wheen will you fix it) Anyway, i hope this video i make will help all of you to understand our problem.

Preconditions

1. Magento 2.1 CE
  2. PHP 7
  3. having already some simple product created for example : variation 1, variation 2

Steps to reproduce

1. Go to back office
  2. Create a configurable product
  3. Go to configuration area in the product sheet and start the assistant
  4. there is the problem : you couldn't select existing production you have to create other product before.

Expected result

1. Be able to select simple product using a specific attribute for variation (if was OK in magento 1.9)

Actual result

there is the problem : you couldn't select existing production you have to create other product before. Please check in attachement the video (using internet explorer to read the swf file) you will see the function to select existing product only appear at 1:30 only after completing the assistant and creating the virtual product we don't need.

linked to issue :