cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updated_at not changing on mass update attributes.

updated_at not changing on mass update attributes.

Feature request from tzyganu, posted on GitHub Nov 21, 2014

This is inspired by a question for Magento 1.
I tested on Magento 2-alpha 104 and it behaves the same as in Magento 1.
When mass updating products using the Update attributes from the product admin grid, the updated_at attribute does not change.
It is only changed when explicitly calling $product->save().
This may be a philosophical question "Should updated_at be changed when bulk updating products?".
I would say "Yes". It should be changed independent of the source of the modification.
This is applicable for all EAV entities.
If you have a different view on the issue, please share.

11 Comments
apiuser
Status changed to: Investigating

apiuser

Comment from verklov, posted on GitHub Dec 09, 2014

Thanks for this suggestion, @tzyganu! We will consider this when improving the way Magento 2 behaves.

apiuser

Comment from vpelipenko, posted on GitHub Jan 29, 2015

Internal ticket: MAGETWO-31537

apiuser

Comment from pavlindrom, posted on GitHub Feb 10, 2016

We're currently validating an extension for Magento 2 where we have a products api sync and this issue is causing us to miss data. I hope to resurrect the ticket (it's almost a year since it's been "acknowledged", and as of 2.0.2 there is no change.

We are considering adding a observer to the update action, and set the updated_at for all the affected products, but as it will be hacky, we'd rather have it part of the product.

apiuser

Comment from miguelbalparda, posted on GitHub Feb 10, 2016

+1

apiuser

Comment from erikhansen, posted on GitHub Feb 11, 2016

I would agree with @tzyganu that the updated_at field should get updated regardless of the source of the change.

apiuser

Comment from gtaylor44, posted on GitHub Jul 04, 2016

Any updates on this issue? The updated_at column should get updated if you change details about a product, etc. Surely this is an oversight?

apiuser

Comment from SamTay, posted on GitHub Jul 14, 2016

+1

apiuser

Comment from RUjmiak, posted on GitHub Aug 22, 2016

@Tanya-soroka @vkorotun Product updated_at not changing also on price change.

Magento: CE2.0.1

magentoapiuser
Occasional Visitor

is there anything on this ? we are using magento 2 rest api to get products and we would like only those products coming which have been updated say in last 24 hours.

Changing price, stock, categories etc. does not update the updated_at field but it gets updated when I changed the SKU.