cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron failed, because of non-writable folder, Templatemonster says it is because not enough memory

Cron failed, because of non-writable folder, Templatemonster says it is because not enough memory

magento 2.2

outcome from the crons:
update-cron.ERROR: Cron readiness check failure! Found non-writable paths:     
/home/*********/public_html/.php_cs.dist     
/home/*********/public_html/.travis.yml     
/home/*********/public_html/.user.ini     
/home/*********/public_html/app/design/adminhtml/Magento     
/home/*********/public_html/app/design/frontend/Magento [] []

response from templatemonster (I paid extra for extended support were they should dig into the issue):

Please contact your hosting web administrator to increase the memory limit.
Magento 2 requires at least 756M
Recommended is 2 Gb

Somehow I don't believe that the cron would give such error message if that was the issue... but I'm new to magento 2.2..  I'm worried this a simple response they say to avoid digging into the issue... Smiley Sad

Audun

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Cron failed, because of non-writable folder, Templatemonster says it is because not enough memor

You should check your file permissions for those files to see that they are correct. Depending on how your server environment has been setup, this will usually be either 644 or 666 (not recommended) for files, 755 or 777 (not recommended) for directories.

If your PHP memory_limit is not set to at least 756M, I highly recommend that you have it increased as well.

Re: Cron failed, because of non-writable folder, Templatemonster says it is because not enough memor

Just checked, the Magento Readiness checks says my store have 1536M but recommends 2G memory

does your php-cli has a limit? This is highly unlikely, but you never know.

php -i | grep memory
DI Alexander Herzog | Rent-a-Ninja.org ... don't worry, I've got this!