cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Hosting my new store using Magento 2.3.1 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

Hosting my new store using Magento 2.3.1 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

Hi I am planning to host my new store using Magento 2.3.1 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP):

1- Is it a good idea to host on GCP from pricing and performance perspectives

2- How can I install the Magento 2.3.1 community edition on GCP. Is there a manual or documentation or any type of tutorial material or guidance 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Hosting my new store using Magento 2.3.1 on Google Cloud Platform (GCP)

Hi there,

We offer managed e-commerce hosting for 15 years now and tried a lot of data centers and cloud providers and in the last couple of years, we moved most of our M2 clients to GCP because this platform is awesome and probably the best one out there. 

If you want to use Google App Engine, I do not see the point. The last time we checked, it was very restrictive to PHP modules that can be installed there, hard to work with and will cost more to run than a compute engine with the same or even better performance.

For smaller stores, we use a single compute engine instance for the files and database and upgrade it with more vCPUs and RAM as the store grows and upgrade to multi-server setup as required; for larger stores we set the database to a separate Cloud MySQL instance, add a load balancer and multiple compute engine instances.

As for how to install - create a new computer engine instance, set it up security, speed optimization for M2, setup PHP, MySQL - as you would on a normal server, add a domain, install M2 and enjoy the powerful Google infrastructure working for your store.

If you do not know how to do this, you need to get somebody who does or maybe even consider something else instead of Magento (it's not really a turn-key, do-it-yourself system).

Hope this helps.

Anton Pachkine @ magento2.hosting : Magento Small Business Package.

Hi Thanks for the advice

I am really surprised that there is no manual or guide to install M2 on GCP. There must be a way

Hi, I am planning to change my host to GCP also.

you can refers to attached link to how to apply a GCP Compute Engine, setup a LAMP server and finally install magento.

https://cloudkul.com/blog/install-magento2-on-google-cloud/

if you are not so familiar with cli, you can install a web hosting control panel after you apply the GCP Compute Engine, like Centos web panel or webmin.

Hope it can help you

I have signed up for GCP. I have created a instance in Computer Engine.

1) What is the difference between Magento (Google Click to Deploy) and Magento Certified by Bitnami in GCP?

2) Will there be any difference of features between these two?

3) Do I need follow any of the above mentioned way of installation or Do I need to create a LAMP server and follow the link posted in this discussion? 

Thank you

Sweeton

HI, after I moved my magento store to GCP (google computer instance). I found one problem is google block port 25 for SMTP. so you must using a third party mail services to help you to setup your mail server.

1. Hosting your Magento 2.3.1 store on the Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a good choice in terms of pricing and performance. GCP offers reliable infrastructure and scalable resources, making it suitable for e-commerce needs.

2. To install Magento 2.3.1 on GCP:

• Set up a GCP account and project.
    • Create a VM instance with the desired configuration.
    • Configure the VM and install dependencies.
    • Download and install Magento 2.3.1.
    • Set up a web server and domain.
    • Complete the installation and setup.
    • Test and optimize your Magento installation.

I would refer you to an official Magento and GCP documentation for detailed instructions and best practices. Online tutorials can also provide step-by-step guidance.