cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is it possible to run magento in share host?

SOLVED

Is it possible to run magento in share host?

Hey Its K & this is my first post here. 

I am planning to open a eCommerce store alongside with my physical store. And I am not sure yet how it will go, so I need to do little experiment before invest money here. 

Ques. 1. Is it possible to run Magento from share host. (Max. 500 Product & 250 expected visit per day.) I will use basic magento theme come with magento installation.

Ques. 2. After installation is it possible to maintain magento by a non tech person. (Have experience with mybb vBulletin, wp cms for long time but no professional coding knowledge.)

Ques. 3. Which version of magento is better. I tried magento2 on localhost and its remarkably slow. 

Thankyou. 

K
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Is it possible to run magento in share host?

Hello @streetboy 

Let me answer your queries to the point.

1. Yes, it's possible you can use Magento on shared hosting, but for making sure hosting provides SSH access for your server. For Magento2 you will need that.

2. Yes, but may need to learn some stuff to manage the Magento store. I would advise to watch video tutorials and Blogs. 

3. Magento 2.3.3, its latest Magento 2 version, In local it will work slow. In shared hosting too you may find low performance but overall it is worth to go with Magento 2 as Magento 1 is no longer supported after june 2020 by Magento.

About performance, you can find Magento optimized server to host your website and hire someone for performance optimization.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

Hi @streetboy 

1. You can definitely use the share hosting server for magento but i would personally not recommend it as it will slow down your website and in eCommerce website if you are slow you will lose your customers.

2. The basic work like creating products, add cms pages all these work will be handled by a non tech person.But if you need any changes on coding part that is not possible and also you need one Devops who will configure and maintain your server.

3. It  is always the best practice to use the latest magento version with latest php.

So currently magento 2.3.3 is running so you can go for it.

Let me know if you any questions.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hello K,

Welcome to the Magento Forums!

1. Yes, it is definitely possible to run Magento from shared hosting. However, do make sure that the hosting provider is fully optimized for Magento or you may experience various issues like performance being slow and incompatibilities. 

2. This is possible but you will want to learn about all the quirks with Magento. You will also want to have a go to tech person in case you face any issue that you can't resolve. You will also want to make sure that your hosting provider is very familiar with Magento in case you face any issues that may need their assistance. 

3. It is always recommended to go with the latest stable version if you can even if you are looking at Magento 1.x. For Magento 2, the current latest stable version is 2.3.3. 

Hello @streetboy 

Let me answer your queries to the point.

1. Yes, it's possible you can use Magento on shared hosting, but for making sure hosting provides SSH access for your server. For Magento2 you will need that.

2. Yes, but may need to learn some stuff to manage the Magento store. I would advise to watch video tutorials and Blogs. 

3. Magento 2.3.3, its latest Magento 2 version, In local it will work slow. In shared hosting too you may find low performance but overall it is worth to go with Magento 2 as Magento 1 is no longer supported after june 2020 by Magento.

About performance, you can find Magento optimized server to host your website and hire someone for performance optimization.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Hi @streetboy 

1. You can definitely use the share hosting server for magento but i would personally not recommend it as it will slow down your website and in eCommerce website if you are slow you will lose your customers.

2. The basic work like creating products, add cms pages all these work will be handled by a non tech person.But if you need any changes on coding part that is not possible and also you need one Devops who will configure and maintain your server.

3. It  is always the best practice to use the latest magento version with latest php.

So currently magento 2.3.3 is running so you can go for it.

Let me know if you any questions.

Thanks!

It 's fine to host magento on shared host. But you need to be carefully to choose an optimized magento hosting provider or it just take your time. Other than that you must turn on the back up to make sure your shop is safe with any attack

Hey K, what's up?
Welcome to the Magento Community Smiley Happy

Let's get straight to your questions.

Answer1 Yes, you can host Magento websites on shared hosting, but VPS and dedicated hosting offer more performance and reliability to the store.

In my case, I would go for cloud hosting because if you look at the Magento devdoc [server requirements] they have explained what exactly Magento needs to get the unbeatable performance. I'm mentioning a few over here PHP 7.3, MariaDB, MySQL, latest cache technologies such as Redis, Varnish, etc.

So, with cloud hosting, you get all those elements that the Magento platform requires. But prices are slightly are high as compared to other shared hosting. At last, you get complete peace of mind with managed cloud hosting.

Answer2 It's better to learn some coding stuff so you can manage your store on your own. (watch some YouTube tutorials and blogs)

Answer3 Magento 2.3.3 is the latest version and it works perfectly fine.

I hope, I've answered your questions. If you need more information or still have any confusion? Do ping me, I would be more than happy to help you.