cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento2 Application Automation Testing - For Automation Testers

SOLVED

Magento2 Application Automation Testing - For Automation Testers

I am doing automation testing on Magento2 application for one of my client. I have heard from some people there are some automated testing frameworks for Magento 2. But everything seems to be helpful for developers for performing unit test only. I am automating the application using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and JAVA, and it is working fine. I would like to know is there any other tools or technology stack for testers to do automation testing which covers all test cases and workflows.

So I would like to get more insights on this, if you have worked on Magento 2 automation testing, please help me!

Things I would like to know:

1. Whether it is a good practice to automate Magneto2 application with Selenium WebDriver+TestNG+Java?
  2. Is there any specific tool for Magento 2 Application testing for testers, not for unit testing/functional testing for developers.
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento2 Application Automation Testing - For Automation Testers

@ranjitha_nidhish1  Not an issue.

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@ranjitha_nidhish1 

Answer to you question:

#1. You good. That is must as a QA (if you can build). There are thousands of other things need to be tested for which you'll need your automation test framework setup. Specially when there are bunch of integration and customization in Magento.

#2. So far there is none. This is mostly for developers who has knowledge of development as as well as Magento.

- Tarandeep

Thanks for the response. I guess you are pointing to MFTF as automation test framework. Otherthan this tool, is there any other way to test the extensions and customizations as we have a lot of flows to test.

@ranjitha_nidhish1  There is no other tool. MFTF support selenium as well. However, it may not have enough documentation and support. Would be a learning curve taking that route or you can continue with the option you are comfortable in. Have a look at below URL and look for selenium.

https://devdocs.magento.com/mftf/2.2/getting-started.html

- Tarandeep

Thank you.

@ranjitha_nidhish1  Not an issue.

- Tarandeep