cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multistore with different domains, got some problems

Multistore with different domains, got some problems

Tried pretty much anything i could find, i did the Virtualhost stuff, put the Rewritebase and rules in my .htaccess, used the code at the top of index.php in the root folder, and made a switch case in the same index.php, but i still have some problems.  

The most important being a weird redirecting issue.  (note: they aren't meant to redirect)

domain2.com keeps redirecting to domain1.com while www.domain2.com doesn't redirect, this was fixed by turning off caching, but now everything is slow. There has gotta be a better way.  

With redirecting fixed, there is still one issue left: domain2 (or the second store, basically) uses the template used by the main store. The template looks nice, but we want a different one.  

What is left to check/do? 

Any help would be appreciated a ton!

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Multistore with different domains, got some problems

Hi @joeypeschier,

Is it possible for you to share the WEB configuration of those websites?

Re: Multistore with different domains, got some problems

Hello,

Actually I was using index.php to redirect multiple domain names in Magento 1. But in Magento 2, I followed up Magento official document and redirected multiple domain names by apache configuration. I prefer the apache configuration method. Here is the reference for you http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/multi-site/ms_over.html

Thank you!

Brian C.

------ BrianC on M2