cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New webhost for Magento. I find it hard to choose.

New webhost for Magento. I find it hard to choose.

Hi there,

we are looking to migrate to magento 2 soon. We have been hosted by Nexcess for the last ten
year but would prefer to host the new magento 2 store with a different host as the support
has been lacking a lot the recent years.

We have 100k+ products, two domain names / websites , one has 3 the other 2 store views.
We are getting about 40k visitors per month. Not to many concurrent users, mostly a few at a
time and once in a while maybe up to a hundred for a short time only.
Or existing hosting plan has 32 gig of ram. CDN as well.

I have been looking at A2, scala, hipex, siteground, cloudways, vultr and others.
The budget is around 300 USD.

Does anyone have real life experience with choosing and using a server for a similar set up?
Would you recommend to go with the latest edition?

5 REPLIES 5

Re: New webhost for Magento. I find it hard to choose.

Since you are already hosted on a managed hosting solution. So for a managed hosting solution, you can give it a try to Cloudways solution as they have 5 of the best cloud hosting provider which includes Digital Ocean, AWS, Google Cloud, Linode, and Vultr. Also, they have 65+ data centers globally to choose from the nearest data center close to your targeted location.

Considering your current plan of 32 GB you can move to Cloudways DO48GB which includes 
48GB Ram
12 Cores
960 GB Storage
8TB Bandwidth
It would cost you $315/ Month along with Cloudflare enterprise CDN at $ 5/month.

If you still have any queries or have any confusion, please feel free to ask.

Thanks for your reply! We did indeed settle for a managed cloud vps - apiration hosting.

Regards

For those reading this post that desire a DIY hosting path, I would suggest searching AWS Marketplace. 

Our high-volume customers, and very large catalogs can run on t3-large to a t3-2xlarge for a modern Magento 2.4.x+ OSE deployment. 

With 100% control, you have a lot of flexibility. Proper design will serve a majority of requests as cache, thus you don't need as much physicalized local resources. All resulting in reduced costs per month. [Plus, AWS does offer the discount of reserved instances.]

Much success with your new hosting platform! 

Exactly, this is the way to go especially with medium to large product sites.

For those reading this post that desire a DIY hosting path, I would suggest searching AWS Marketplace. 

Our high-volume customers, and very large catalogs can run on t3-large to a t3-2xlarge for a modern Magento 2.4.x+ OSE deployment. 

With 100% control, you have a lot of flexibility. Proper design will serve a majority of requests as cache, thus you don't need as much physicalized local resources. All resulting in reduced costs per month. [Plus, AWS does offer the discount of reserved instances.]

Much success with your new hosting platform! 

MochiGroup.net

It is better to choose a server that provides you with litespeed. Personally I would recommend you Devrims, as their Managed cloud hosting is pretty satisfactory. With managed cloud hosting you dont have to worry about the security and updates along with you will be equipped with the high performance, optimization and much more. Also, they provide 24/7 customer service and free migration too Smiley Wink