cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Performance difference between multiple "websites" and single "store view" or multiple "store views"

Performance difference between multiple "websites" and single "store view" or multiple "store views"

Hello,

Would there be any performance differences between creating multiple "websites" and a single "store view" for each compared to having 1 "website" with multiple "store views"?

thanks,

- Dane

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Performance difference between multiple "websites" and single "store view" o

Hi @teamdane,

It will depend on how you create your catalog. It could be a good idea to take a look again to https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/stores/websites-stores-views.html

Websites and Store views are supposed to be used for different things.

Maybe one different could be if you use prices at global scope or per website and have different prices per websites for the same product. But without knowing your catalog and configuration is hard to be sure.

(my 2 cents)

Re: Performance difference between multiple "websites" and single "store view" o

Hi @Damian Culotta,

Each product would need to have a different price, I know out of the box this is only possible through multiple websites, but through extensions it is possible using multiple store views. So if all functionality I need was possible both ways (Store view using extensions and Websites with stock functionality) is there a difference in performance? Does one way create a larger database? additional indexes? ect?

Thanks,

- Dane

Hi @teamdane,

I don't know which modules you could use to use store views so I can't get an opinion.

About using websites for prices and the performance I guess you will be handle that configuration but the limit could be in the number of websites and the size of the catalog (also, the number of tier and group prices, cart and catalog rules, customer).

Having higher numbers could be an issue but it will depend on your scenario. I think there isn't a simple answer here.