cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Server for 3 Magento shops

Server for 3 Magento shops

Hi, i need server for 3 shops ~ 1000-3000 procucts per shop, Elasticsearch and Varnish.

Dell recomended those configuration
Dell R740, Xeon Gold 6130, 128GB RAM 4x SSD 1TB\
This is correctly?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Server for 3 Magento shops

Hi Martin,

Welcome to the forums!

It's hard to give a good answer with the information provided since Magento resource usage is highly dependent on your traffic and other particulars. With that in mind, here are some questions that would be helpful to solicit better answers, including some precursors:

- Are you looking to colocate these servers and provide your own 24/7 monitoring and maintenance, and that's why you're looking at raw hardware with Dell? 

- Do you have traffic estimates for these sites? If so, what's the peak concurrent traffic that you'd be expecting?

- Are all 3 sites operating from the same Magento install?

- Peak orders per hour? 

- How much disk space are you using, including for local backups, media, and database(s)?

- Will you be using a CDN to take some of the load off of the Magento server?

- Is this a Magento Commerce or a Magento Open Source instance?

- How many users access the Magento admin simultaneously?

- Have you thought about further dividing your environment to have one server for the Magento database, and another for the frontend?

- Have you budgeted for a staging server that mirrors the environment of the live server for accurate testing before pushing code to live?

- Will the hard drives be set up in a RAID format for redundancy in case one goes "belly up"?

- Are you planning to connect 3rd party systems, like an ERP or POS? If so, will these go through the API, and will there be major batch updates running on a schedule?

- Other than products, is there any other major bloat on your database, like a very large number of customers or orders?

In general, 128GB of RAM and 1TB of HD is more than enough for a Magento build, including with up to 3000 products, as described. The processor sounds pretty good too. << Snipped >>

Best of luck!

Sorry, mistake

- Are you looking to colocate these servers and provide your own 24/7 monitoring and maintenance, and that's why you're looking at raw hardware with Dell?

i have another servers on my office

- Do you have traffic estimates for these sites? If so, what's the peak concurrent traffic that you'd be expecting?

Current 4-5 requests per second in Apache stats ~ 100 orders per day

- Are all 3 sites operating from the same Magento install?

No i use 3 instances Magento (Apache VirtualHosts)

- Peak orders per hour?- Czy planujesz połączyć systemy innych firm, takie jak ERP lub POS? Jeśli tak, czy przejdą przez interfejs API i czy będą uruchomione główne aktualizacje wsadowe zgodnie z harmonogramem?

100 orders per day currently (8:00 - 16:00)

- How much disk space are you using, including for local backups, media, and database(s)?

All magento instances with photos uses 70GB and 4GB MySQL

i always create backup on another server

- Will you be using a CDN to take some of the load off of the Magento server?

No, i do not use CDN

- Is this a Magento Commerce or a Magento Open Source instance?

Magento 2.2.8 CE

- How many users access the Magento admin simultaneously?

one user at the same time

- Have you thought about further dividing your environment to have one server for the Magento database, and another for the frontend?

currently i use on Magento and Mysql on one server

- Have you budgeted for a staging server that mirrors the environment of the live server for accurate testing before pushing code to live?

I have another server for test my Magento shops

- Will the hard drives be set up in a RAID format for redundancy in case one goes "belly up"?

I use raid 1 but i think about raid 10

- Are you planning to connect 3rd party systems, like an ERP or POS? If so, will these go through the API, and will there be major batch updates running on a schedule?

I currently connect my shops to ERP

- Other than products, is there any other major bloat on your database, like a very large number of customers or orders?

My current server work fine but i have too few cpu cores (e3-1220) and too few memory (8GB) - sometimes there is not enough memory.
I would like to virtualize any instances of magento on the new server (KVM)