cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Testing server?

Testing server?

I just want to host a server space for learning Magento2.

Only want one Magento2 website, to test my theme and modules.

Would you suggest a cheap server for this purpose?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Testing server?

If you're just looking for something to play around with Magento 2, a Magento optimized shared hosting should suffice for your needs. 

I do suggest that you go with a provider who is specialized with Magento so in case you face any issues, they will be able to assist you with the problems. 

If you're looking for something cheap for testing, Nexcess has shared accounts starting around $25 per month, as well as cloud accounts starting around $49 per month. Magemojo has starter plans around $98 per month. Plans like these may not meet the needs of for the live sites of established businesses, but are likely to do the trick for what you've described... and they're supported, letting you focus on dev, as opposed to hosting configuration and optimization. 

James Lee, who responded earlier, shared a link in his comment that includes several affiliate links. This includes Aspiration Hosting, which he founded. I'm not a fan of affiliate links, and I'm not sure if moderators will leave his link in his post as commercial advertising is usually scrubbed from these forums, but hopefully, as a Magento Master and founder of a hosting company, he's shared some good ideas.

Best of luck!

@Robert Rand wrote:

James Lee, who responded earlier, shared a link in his comment that includes several affiliate links. This includes Aspiration Hosting, which he founded. I'm not a fan of affiliate links, and I'm not sure if moderators will leave his link in his post as commercial advertising is usually scrubbed from these forums, but hopefully, as a Magento Master and founder of a hosting company, he's shared some good ideas.

Robert, I did not share any link in my comment at all as commercial advertising are not allowed to be posted in comments which I'm sure you are aware by now.

The link you see is in my forum signature and it is linked to my own personal website, which does contain the necessary disclosure in every page of the website.