cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to calculate how many visitors my current server setup can support?

SOLVED

how to calculate how many visitors my current server setup can support?

Greetings, I have about 20k of simple products and 2k configurable products, 10 people constantly checking the magento backend, the entire infrastructure is running on AWS, based on Magento recommendations that I will detail below:

1 EC2 t2.medium running varnish and reverse proxy nginx:

Specs:
2 cores Intel Xeon
4GB Ram

1 EC2 c4.xlarge with nginx and magento app:

Specs:

4 cores Intel Xeon E5-2666 v3

7.5GB Ram

1 RDS db.t2.medium with aurora mysql:

Specs:

2 cores

4GB Ram

1 Node of Redis cache.t2.medium:

Specs:

2 cores

3,22GB Ram

I would like to know if there is a method to calculate traffic could receive my store in magento 2, the drawback is that when I receive between 150 to 200 visitors the autoscalling group starts a new ec2 c4.xlarge where is the app magento, 200 visitors per ec2 app seems to me very little, I will be doing something wrong or are normal values ​​for an infrastructure like the mentioned running magento 2? Is there a possibility to support 1000 visitors without the need to generate a new ec2?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how to calculate how many visitors my current server setup can support?

AFAIK there's no exact way to calculate this as it depends on how you optimize both your Magento installation as well as your server. 

A properly tuned server can handle a much higher amount of traffic assuming that Magento is properly configured as well. 

There's no one size fit all approach to this though as each Magento store is different and as such will have different requirements and usages. 

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: how to calculate how many visitors my current server setup can support?

AFAIK there's no exact way to calculate this as it depends on how you optimize both your Magento installation as well as your server. 

A properly tuned server can handle a much higher amount of traffic assuming that Magento is properly configured as well. 

There's no one size fit all approach to this though as each Magento store is different and as such will have different requirements and usages.