We have just moved to from M1 to M2 (v.2.3.2).
Our product pages are loading so slow after we have moved to M2.
How can we make the product page load faster?
How can we get rid of the loading spinning .gif in the gallery?
Any suggestions how to make the product pages as fast as the category pages?
If you check details here:
your first-byte time is high - you want to keep it under 0.5 seconds. For this, the simplest thing you can try is to make sure you are on PHP 7.2 before you optimize anything else.
also, switching to HTTP/2 with ALPN support will decrease the total page loading time because you will have the simultaneous download of multiple files.
after that, you can address the issues reported by Google here:
both mobile and desktop scores are way too low right now but going with new PHP and using HTTP/2 will improve it and you will see what else to do.
Thank you for you reply.
1) Yes, we are running on a php 7.2 stack.
2) Yes, HTTP/2 with ALPN support is setup (see: https://http2.pro/check?url=https%3A//www.babygear.dk/ )
When I tested that page speed 9 hours ago, the total loading time was 7.8s:
I just tested now and it's 4.8s which is not that bad for Magento
i guess you may have much less traffic because it's night in Denmark now.
This is not 100% proof of an overloaded system but something to consider.
Do you monitor the server load, CPU and memory usage during the day?
Maybe you just need to upgrade your current hosting configuration?
Are you on a single server or multi-server setup?
What type of caching are you using? You can learn more about recommended M2 caching options at https://variux.com/magento-2-caching-technology/
Best of luck!
There are lot of reasons why M2 can be slow for you.
Some of them are below
1. Hosting - It is recommanded that you use proper hosting. I would advise you to use the good and Magento optimized server like Nexcess or Fastcomet Cloud Servers
2. Check You have enabled production mode.
3. https://github.com/xumulus/magento2-fast-product-images This can load the images bit faster by removing the loading icons.
4. Test your website in different tools like gtmetrix, pingdom and with developer debug tool.
5. Try disabling all the third party extensions and check the speed once.
I'm seeing that you page is fast now too. Please share solutions. Thanks