cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Adding review star ratings to related, cross sell and upsell products on product pages and basket

SOLVED

Adding review star ratings to related, cross sell and upsell products on product pages and basket

Is there a way to get review rating stars added to cross-sell, up-sell and related products views? I'd love for these to show on on product pages and in my basket cross-sells to help entice customers. It appears the Luma theme out-of-the-box doesn't support this. I didn't see any back-end settings to do this either. Any suggestions on how to implement would be welcomed!

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Adding review star ratings to related, cross sell and upsell products on product pages and baske

Hi @BookReader ,

Please follow below steps:

1. Copy file from 

vendor/magento/module-catalog/view/frontend/templates/product/list/items.phtml 

to your Custom theme app/design/frontend/Theme_namespace/Theme_name/Magento_Catalog/templates/product/list/items.phtml

2. In the copied file, In the related and Up-sell cases added below line and comment the other one. Please refer my screenshots:

screenshot.png

screenshot (1).png

3. After that save the file and clear the cache from admin.

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

View solution in original post

Re: Adding review star ratings to related, cross sell and upsell products on product pages and baske

Hi,

Thank you for your tips on this. The recommendations you provided worked! Be nice if Magento worked like this OOTB.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @BookReader ,

I have checked in the default Magento luma theme and found that on crosssell products by default. We are getting Star rating. Please check my screenshot.

But on related and upsell products star rating is not showing in luma theme.

You can check below file vendor/magento/module-catalog/view/frontend/templates/product/list/items.phtml

Override this file in your custom theme and assign template of review rating for upsell and related products as well.

Problem solved? Click Kudos & Accept as Solution!

related.pngcrosscell.png

Thanks for your suggestion. How do I got about doing this?

"Override this file in your custom theme and assign template of review rating for upsell and related products as well."  

In the file path you provided, is that the template file I want to borrow code from or add new code into? Can you provide a little more info on how to do this?

Hi @BookReader ,

Please follow below steps:

1. Copy file from 

vendor/magento/module-catalog/view/frontend/templates/product/list/items.phtml 

to your Custom theme app/design/frontend/Theme_namespace/Theme_name/Magento_Catalog/templates/product/list/items.phtml

2. In the copied file, In the related and Up-sell cases added below line and comment the other one. Please refer my screenshots:

screenshot.png

screenshot (1).png

3. After that save the file and clear the cache from admin.

If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

Hi,

Thank you for your tips on this. The recommendations you provided worked! Be nice if Magento worked like this OOTB.

Hi @BookReader 

Glad to know, suggestion works.

Thanks!