I'm running Magento 2.2.3. I'm going on vacation and want to add a banner to the top of the whole site saying you can still order but it won't ship until we return. I waited too long to think about this and my developer isn't available. I noticed the "Display Demo Store Notice" under configurations actually sits where I'd like to put the banner.
So 3 quick questions -
1. Where (which file) can I change the text of that notice?
2. Where is the css tag associated with the background color?
3. Does that notice have any functional implications? I.e. is it changing anything in the way the store actually works, or is it just a text field? If it's just a text field, then I can safely change it to show what I want without worrying about messing up the store functionality.
Kind of time critical, so any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Solved! Go to Solution.
i understand your problem !
you can do it this on both way by using widget or second option is overriding notices.phtml into your custom theme.
Create new widget by
1) go to CONTENT > Widgets and add widget
2) Choose your theme and type: CMS Static Block
3) In layout updates
Display on: Specific Page
Select : Home Page
Container: Page Top
4) In Widget Options select your static block which contain your message or block is not ready then create static block and select here for the same !
Below is the second option to do this !
Override notices.phtml in your theme.
To your theme
Now create static block from admin and enter your message.
Then call this static block in notices.phtml file to show your notice at top of the site
Refer this link for the same - https://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/176977/how-to-add-custom-notices-to-page-top-in-magento-...
Hope it helps !
Glad to know that you have resolved your issue !
Happy to help and keep helping