cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Change of website template

Change of website template

I am contemplating changing the template which I use for my magento 2 website. I am not happy with several functions on it and i have seen a far better one. Can people tell me if it is fairly straightforward to change templates or does it create many problems?

I do have several extensions on the website, some of which have been tweaked by the extension developer so I am concerned these may not function correctly once the template has been changed.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Change of website template

Hi @hazzad golf 

You can change your templates and select the one which you needed.

You just have to use the same block which you are using now for that particular template and if you want to create a new function you can use this block and call the same function inside your template.

Thanks!

Re: Change of website template

Hello @hazzad golf 

So from the message I believe you want to change the frontend theme completely.

In simple terms, if I say then it's not too easy to just change the template normally.

1. Remove the current theme
2. Install the new template/theme
3. Set up everything/everyblock and setup homepage as you want with all the blocks provided by new template/theme.

4. Setup logo, footer links, header links, graphics etc.

5. See what are the extension working in frontend, there are chances some of the extensions may not work with new custom theme, for which you may need to ask the extension vendor for support or you will have to hire Magento Agency or Magento developer to help you out with it.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now