cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Homepage Editting - Unusual

SOLVED

Homepage Editting - Unusual

Hi All,

I have recently landed with the position with looking after our companies website, We are wanting to move some stuff around on the homepage, We are running magento 2 enterprise.

I would have thought our homepage would be setup as a CSM page which would then be made up using blocks etc.... However this doesn't seem to be the case. 

Looking into configuration of the store the homepage is setup to be a CSM page, However if i go to edit this CMS page, There is no content in the page. Could the agency have built the homepage in another way? and if so, any suggestions where I start to look?

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Homepage Editting - Unusual

Hi @WillDobson ,

Check once layout tab in CMS page, may be some cms block is called on homepage using xml. Then you can fing CMS block in Admin=>Content=>Blocks.

And also make sure that you are on correct CMS page. You can check in admin as well. 

Admin->Store->Configuration->General->Web->Default Pages->CMS home page. 

pasted_image.png

You can also check phtml file path if homepage is rendering from phtml files. 
You can by enable template path in admin. 
For more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/template-path-hints.html

I hope it will help you.

View solution in original post

Hi Vimal,

Thanks for that, I have doubled check the cms page set in the configuration and it is the correct page that I look at, In that CMS page there is nothing in the Content section, However in the Design section there is the following code 

<!--
    <referenceContainer name="right">
        <action method="unsetChild"><argument name="alias" xsi:type="string">right.reports.product.viewed</argument></action>
        <action method="unsetChild"><argument name="alias" xsi:type="string">right.reports.product.compared</argument></action>
    </referenceContainer>-->

Any idea what this could mean?

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hi @WillDobson ,

Check once layout tab in CMS page, may be some cms block is called on homepage using xml. Then you can fing CMS block in Admin=>Content=>Blocks.

And also make sure that you are on correct CMS page. You can check in admin as well. 

Admin->Store->Configuration->General->Web->Default Pages->CMS home page. 

pasted_image.png

You can also check phtml file path if homepage is rendering from phtml files. 
You can by enable template path in admin. 
For more info:
https://docs.magento.com/m2/ce/user_guide/system/template-path-hints.html

I hope it will help you.

Hi Vimal,

Thanks for that, I have doubled check the cms page set in the configuration and it is the correct page that I look at, In that CMS page there is nothing in the Content section, However in the Design section there is the following code 

<!--
    <referenceContainer name="right">
        <action method="unsetChild"><argument name="alias" xsi:type="string">right.reports.product.viewed</argument></action>
        <action method="unsetChild"><argument name="alias" xsi:type="string">right.reports.product.compared</argument></action>
    </referenceContainer>-->

Any idea what this could mean?

Hey,

Nevermind I have found the .xml file where the layout is stored.

Silly was of going around it if you ask me!

It was located in the following path: /app/design/frontend/*Theme*/*Theme*/Magento_Cms/layout/cms_index_index.xml

Thanks for the help!

Great .. Glad to help you!