cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do you add navigation?

SOLVED

How do you add navigation?

When you install magento, you get a site with no navigation.  I created many pages, categories and products, but without navigation they are useless.  This page shows .that it is possible to have a top nav with pages and categories but doesnt say how to install or configure it.

In my category settings, I have enable category set to true, I have "Include in Menu" set to true, but this does not help, there is no menu

Any suggestions?

xxxyyyzzz : this is just my code so I can find this post again (as if you search by your display name it finds no posts, and there is no list of your own posts, even under "my subscriptions"

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How do you add navigation?

@codename1I can understand the frustration. As a new framework thing takes time and with the Magento it is a big learning curve. Please follow the below URL to achieve what you are looking for.

https://zemez.io/magento/support/how-to/magento-2-how-to-add-the-existing-cms-page-link-to-main-menu...

Problem solved? Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

@codename1Make sure to clear cache of Magento as well as your browser. Sometime you can see the changes in incognito window of browser or in another browser.

- Tarandeep

Hi, clearing cache did not help - this is not the issue I think. The question is, how do you add top nav, and, assuming you can get a top nav ,how do you add pages to it?  E.g If I create a new page "about us", there is no feature or option I can find to associate this page with a menu item. Does M2 not support any kind of topnav?  Does this have to be hand coded outside of the M2 admin UI? Woocommerce has a menu manager built right into the admin,  M2 doesnt seem to have anything?

@codename1I can understand the frustration. As a new framework thing takes time and with the Magento it is a big learning curve. Please follow the below URL to achieve what you are looking for.

https://zemez.io/magento/support/how-to/magento-2-how-to-add-the-existing-cms-page-link-to-main-menu...

- Tarandeep

Wow.  I am shocked.  No wonder I could not find this in the backoffice. This is by far the least intuitive way to add pages in any CMS I have used.  I can see that magento is not for me.  Back to woocommerce.

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.