I followed everything as described in Document but still I am not able to get my custom theme up and running.
What I have done so far.
1. Created theme folder and added all needed file such as theme.xml, registration.php, parent theme is blank.
2. It is showing in admin, I have selected the theme.
3. in front end it it showing basic luma theme, which I havent selected anywhere.
4. Logo image is selected from admin side and selected from my theme folder so it is showing.
5. I need to have all templates coming from my theme folder so when there is any update it won't affect.
Question I have in mind
1. how can I put all those .phtml files which are creating header,footer or anything.
I already created a folder named Magento_Theme in my theme folder as Magento_Theme/templates/html/header.phtml
but this is not showing any changes, I added a text in header.phtml to confirm but it never shows.
2. I have seen the path from template hint and it says below
I copied paste the same on my theme which is like this
app/frontend/flo/fa/module-theme/view/frontend/templates/html/header.phtml [No luck]
I also tried
app/frontend/flo/fa/view/frontend/templates/html/header.phtml [No luck]
but still the path is coming from
vendor/magento/module-theme/view/frontend/templates/html/header.phtml [Why?, it should show from the theme folder right]
3. I need to change entire design from luma/blank to anything I want but where are my files? I dont want to in-herit, and if I do I need those header/footer files to come from my theme folder only.
4. I have seen so many tutorials all claim to create custom theme so easily but no one is showing output[lol], so is there any link/tutorial which is showing step by step and the real output in the last?
5. Folder structure of any custom/newly created theme?
I hope above all make sens.
P.S: I downloaded the files from github, and it does not have default theme, I must be doing something wrong or this is normal.
I'm bumping this, because I have the same EXACT problem. I've done everything you have done, with aboslutely no luck. I can't proceed with anything until I can get this resolved, and don't want to make a new post on the issue.