cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Issue setting up Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method in Magento 2 with Codazon_

Issue setting up Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method in Magento 2 with Codazon_

I'm using the Codazon_Unlimited theme in my Magento 2 store, and I'm struggling to configure Stripe as the default payment method that is always expanded in the checkout process. Despite my programming skills, Magento proves to be quite challenging.

I have followed the instructions from the Magento documentation, modifying the template file and adding the necessary code to set Stripe as the default and expanded payment method. However, I'm not achieving the desired outcome.

The Stripe payment method is not appearing as selected by default, and it is not expanded, requiring users to manually click on the radio button to expand it.

I have searched for solutions in both the Magento and Codazon_Unlimited documentation, but I couldn't find specific guidance on properly configuring the default and expanded payment method.

In addition to this, I would like to know if there is any way to display the payment method with its options always visible, without having to rely on users clicking the radio button to expand it.

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to address this frustrating issue and successfully configure Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method using the Codazon_Unlimited theme.

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Issue setting up Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method in Magento 2 with Coda

Hello @rolymirand722e 

To make the Stripe payment method appear as selected by default and expanded in Magento 2, you can override the relevant JavaScript file and modify the behavior. Here's a step-by-step guide to achieving this:

1. Create a custom theme (if you haven't already) for your Magento 2 store. Let's assume the custom theme is named CustomVendor_CustomTheme.
  2. Navigate to the root directory of your Magento 2 installation and go to app/design/frontend/CustomVendor/CustomTheme.
  3. Create the following directory structure within your custom theme: Magento_Checkout/web/js/view/payment/method-renderer/stripe.js.
  4. Copy the contents of the original JavaScript file vendor/magento/module-stripe/view/frontend/web/js/view/payment/method-renderer/stripe.js to the newly created file app/design/frontend/CustomVendor/CustomTheme/Magento_Checkout/web/js/view/payment/method-renderer/stripe.js.
  5. Open the stripe.js file in a text editor.
  6. Add the following code at the end of the file to set the Stripe payment method as selected and expanded by default:
    define([
        'Magento_Checkout/js/view/payment/default',
        'Magento_Checkout/js/action/select-payment-method'
    ], function (Component, selectPaymentMethodAction) {
        'use strict';
        return Component.extend({
            defaults: {
                template: 'Magento_Checkout/payment/stripe'
            },
            initialize: function () {
                this._super();
                // Set Stripe as selected by default
                selectPaymentMethodAction(this.item.method);
                // Expand Stripe by default
                if (!this.isPaymentMethodSelected()) {
                    this.selectPaymentMethod();
                }
            }
        });
    });

7. Save the modified file.

8. After making the changes, clear the Magento cache by running the following command from the root directory of your Magento installation:

php bin/magento cache:clean

9. Finally, check your store's front end to verify that the Stripe payment method is now selected by default and expanded.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

A Leading Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

WebDesk Solution Support Team

Get a Free Quote | | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Re: Issue setting up Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method in Magento 2 with Coda

Hello,

@rolymirand722e wrote:

I'm using the Codazon_Unlimited theme in my Magento 2 store, and I'm struggling to configure Stripe as the default payment method that is always expanded in the checkout process. Despite my programming skills, Magento proves to be quite challenging.

I have followed the instructions from the Magento documentation, modifying the template file and adding the necessary code to set Stripe as the default and expanded payment method. However, I'm not achieving the desired outcome.

The Stripe payment method is not appearing as selected by default, and it is not expanded, requiring users to manually click on the radio button to expand it.

I have searched for solutions in both the Magento and Codazon_Unlimited documentation, but I couldn't find specific guidance on properly configuring the default and expanded payment method. CubListens

In addition to this, I would like to know if there is any way to display the payment method with its options always visible, without having to rely on users clicking the radio button to expand it. 

I would greatly appreciate any assistance or guidance on how to address this frustrating issue and successfully configure Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method using the Codazon_Unlimited theme.

Configuring Stripe as the default and always expanded payment method in Magento 2 with the Codazon_Unlimited theme can be complex. Verify theme compatibility and check for theme-specific settings related to payment methods. Ensure the correct implementation of template modifications and clear the Magento cache after making changes. Test different scenarios to ensure consistent behavior. Displaying the payment method with its options always visible might require advanced customizations or a custom checkout module. Seek assistance from Codazon_Unlimited theme support or the Magento community forums for specific guidance. Backup your Magento store before significant changes to avoid unintended consequences. Patience and persistence are essential when dealing with intricate Magento configurations.