I am creating a theme in 2.1, but I have an issue with files being updated in pub/static/frontend/<my-theme>/en_GB/.
1) Within app/design/frontend/<theme-parent>/<my-theme> I would edit css.
2) Refresh website and see old changes in pub/static/frontend/<my-theme>/en_GB/
3) Dashboard > Flush Static Files Cache
4) The site reverts to my new changes
5) Make more changes to app/design/frontend/<theme-parent>/<my-theme>, refresh website and old changes are there.
* Developer Mode on in env.php ( 'MAGE_MODE' => 'developer', )
* Dashboard > Configuration > Advanced > Developer > Static Files Settings > Sign Static Files set to 'No'
* Dashboard > System > Cache Management > All Disabled
* Declared theme within dev > tools > grunt > config > theme.js
* STORES > Configuration > ADVANCED > Developer > Frontend Development Workflow > Workflow type > server-side less compilation
* STORES > Configuration > ADVANCED > Developer > Frontend Development Workflow > Workflow type > client-side less compilation, then flushed static files cache and got the message that it couldn’t find the static files.
* Add the following to <remove src=”<link-to-pub-static-css”> in Magento_Theme / layout / default_head_blocks.xml
However the issue still persists, I have googled this for a 2 full days an can't really begin the rest of the theme development until I get this issue sorted or I will need to be flushing Static Files Cache constantly.
for checking purpose you can change into pub/static/frontend/<my-theme>/en_GB/
After all thing done you need to copy same file into app/design/frontend/<theme-parent>/<my-theme>
To see your changes into pub after app/design/frontend/<theme-parent>/<my-theme> changes
you need to do static content deploy.
magento setup:static-content:deploy en_GB