cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento PWA: Which to use venia or vue storefront

Magento PWA: Which to use venia or vue storefront

I was looking for better options to implement PWA with my M2.3 store. Searched and found that we have 2 options (Venia and Vue) right now which provide a basic structure to start with PWA. While Vue have much features and options in it.

I am confused with which i should use ? I dont have experience in either React or Vue and On my store i have various custom pages and forms that i have built for client requirement using Using Custom Extensions which need to implement in PWA theme as well.

Can you suggest me which to follow ? which will be good in development and future secure ?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Magento PWA: Which to use venia or vue storefront

I tried storefront recently on the same m2 version and looks like they have some work to do at Storefront as their current version doesn't play well using the GitHub repo. If you do try it and have any success I would love to hear from you as it would definitely be my first choice. 

There are also warnings on Vienna 'consider unstable'. Believe I read that Magento has still some work to do on Graphql too. So, still early days yet but something to look forward to and play around with until there's something production ready for M2.3.

Re: Magento PWA: Which to use venia or vue storefront

@kumarmannu0605 I have no clue about Vue Storefront. I agree with @AlistairMorris  that we don't have PWA studiocompletely stablised.

But you can use it near tomorrow, PWA  studio is updated very frequently and the team is providing minor releases frequently. PWA studio migrates from REST API to  latest development from magento graphql  project. The dependencies are also updated regularly. You can expect your code to break whenever you update PWA studio but you will not miss the latest and greatest features like graphql, pagebuilder etc.