cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Most of my store products have this white in the photos, how to get rid of it

Most of my store products have this white in the photos, how to get rid of it

When adding product, I upload photos for them but when I view them on the site, there is a weird "white" border on either side of them. How can I get rid of this or change it to a color that matches my site? (see photo)

Annotation 2019-03-06 113054.jpg

On some photos like CD covers, the white does not show, so I am guessing it has to do with the photo ratio in width and height, is there a specific size I am suppose to use so that it does not produce this white border? 

I also noticed that the quality of the photos are not as good as I uploaded, does Magento downgrade the photo resolution?

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Most of my store products have this white in the photos, how to get rid of it

Hi @alexander_frost,

I can't able to view your image. Can you share your image again? or can you share your site URL?it would be better to give you the solution.

If my information is useful, give kudos

Best regards

Madhuresan
Bootsgrid

Re: Most of my store products have this white in the photos, how to get rid of it

I am re-uploading it

gotht-01.jpg

Since the background on this forum site is white you cannot really see it but there is a one inch white margin on the left and right of the image that seems to be added by Magento when I upload the photo to my site. I assume it is to adjust to an image ratio ... but my site has a dark background so the white margin makes everything look bad. How can I adjust Magento so that there is No margin on the photos

Hi @alexander_frost,

Can you share your site URL? for checking purpose.

If my information is useful, give kudos

Best regards
Madhuresan
Bootsgrid